The goal of your Signature Assignment is to show that you can compute properties of solutions and analyze and interpret data. You will create a PowerPoint presentation that shows the process of going through an acid/base titration like you would if you were in a physical lab.
For the presentation:
You will prepare a sample of an unknown acid to titrate using a known concentration of base. You will set-up a burette filled with a known concentration of base and use proper titration techniques to reach an end-point to the titration. You will then calculate the concentration of the unknown acid on your own.
For Part I:
- Create a PowerPoint presentation (4-6 slides) that covers the lab scenario above.
- Include your thoughts on why understanding acid/base titration is important to your future career, and how you will use this concept as you complete your degree.
- Your presentation must consist of more than merely a series of bullet points to earn full credit.
- Use the Notes section for each slide to fully explain your answers.
For Part II:
- Your instructor will provide guidance and examples for completing calculations for titration.
This assignment should be in current APA Style with both a title slide and a reference list that includes all of the sources used. At least two scholarly sources should be used (your textbook can be one of the sources).
See rubric for specific grading criteria.
Due: Sunday, 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time)