Final Project: A Strategic Plan
For the Final Project, you will develop a strategic plan for a new non-profit or existing government organization. As you finalize your Final Project, be sure to incorporate any feedback that you have received from your Instructor and your colleagues, as a well-developed strategic plan can help support an organization in achieving its goals.
To complete the Final Project, you will write a paper that addresses the following:
1. Creating an Organization (Week 3)
· Create a new non-profit organization with a global presence or identify a government organization at the local, state, or national level that works with multiple stakeholders.
· Develop and explain the organization’s mission, values, and strategic initiatives.
· Identify organizational stakeholders and conduct a stakeholder analysis.
2. Analyzing Organizations (Week 5)
· Conduct a SWOT or Appreciative Inquiry (AI) analysis.
· Evaluate the organization from multiple sustainable perspectives, including financial considerations, positive community outcomes, and innovation.
3. Strategic Goals (Week 7)
· Develop 2–3 short-term goals (1–4 years) for the organization. Identify challenges that might impact these goals and explain how the organization might overcome them.
· Develop 2–3 long-term goals (15–20 years) for the organization. Identify long-term trends (i.e., social, political, demographic, economic, ecological, technological, etc.) that might impact these goals.
· Explain why it is important to define short-term and long-term goals. Identify resources that you might use to help you define your organizational goals.
4. Final Paper (Week 10)
The Final Paper will include:
· A 12- to 15-page paper (not including title page and reference list) that addresses steps 1–4 of the Final Project
· Proper APA formatting, including the following in your paper:
o A title page and running head
o An introduction that states the purpose of the paper
o Level 1 headings to define each part of the paper
o A conclusion to synthesize the entire paper
o A minimum of 10 scholarly sources to support your paper
o In-text citations as appropriate
o A reference list
Final Project Rubric
There are four primary quality indicators (Responsiveness to Paper or Writing Assignment, Content Knowledge, Quality of
Writing, and Research, Scholarship, and Professional Style) for the Final Project. There are a total of 300 points for the
Final Project. The below rubric is a guide on elements that should be included in your Final Project.
A (Exemplary) = 300–270 points
B (Meets the Standard) = 269–240 points
C (Progressing) = 239–210 points
D* (Emerging) = 209–180 points
F (Failing) = 179 or fewer points