Measuring social, environmental, and economic impacts. (critical
Sustainability impacts the natural environment, social conditions, and economics. At the intersection of business and the environment, we must consider an approach in which a business is able to create long term value for itself while also considering its environmental responsibilities, effects, and ethical obligations. Historically, environmental concerns were not on the list of important issues for businesses. With a focus on environmental protection and global warming, there has been a new “green” or “sustainability” revolution worldwide which not only changes the way people live, but how businesses conduct themselves. These initiatives impact business operations, marketing, resource allocation, risk management, and business conduct in many situations. Be sure that you accurately answer the following questions in your analysis
- Choose a for profit business in your local area. Describe the environmental issues your chosen business faces, and how those issues impact the social, and economic environments
- What is the responsibility for addressing environmental issues for at least five stakeholder groups for that business. .
- In the case of global environmental issues, how should your chosen business measure them, and what authority (government, treaty, etc.) is in place to ensure the organization’s compliance?
- What are your recommendations for improvements?
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 4-5 pages in length, which does not include the title or reference pages, which are never a part of the minimum content requirements.
- Use APA style guidelines.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles.
Batool, I., Irshad, M. & Abid, M. (2020). A policy move towards sustainable urban transport in Pakistan: Measuring the social, environmental and economic impacts of Lahore BRT System. The Lahore Journal of Economics, 25(1), 27-57.
Salomaa, A. & Juhola, S. (2020). How to assess sustainability transformations: A review. Global Sustainability, 3(e24), 1-12. DOI:10.1017/sus.2020.17
Cheng, C. C. J. (2020). Sustainability orientation, green supplier involvement, and green innovation performance: Evidence from diversifying green entrants. Journal of Business Ethics, 161(2), 393-414. DOI:10.1007/s10551-018-3946-7
Gasde, J, Preiss, P. & Lang-Koetz, C. (2020). Integrated innovation and sustainability analysis for new technologies: An approach for collaborative R&D projects. Technology Innovation Management Review, 10(2), 37-50. DOI:10.22215/timreview/1328