Language of health care hs410m1-01 | Language of Health Care
HS410-1: Analyze taxonomies, clinical vocabularies, terminologies and nomenclature used in healthcare settings.
Your boss, the Director of Human Resources at a prominent healthcare organization, has asked you to prepare a two-part PowerPoint presentation as part of her presentation to new employees during orientation. Your PowerPoint is to familiarize new staff from both clinical and administrative departments with the most common clinical and healthcare management terminology, which they will be exposed to and expected to use on their new job. Terminology shared should include aspects of taxonomies, clinical vocabularies, terminologies, and nomenclatures used in healthcare settings. A minimum of three slides should be dedicated for both departments. Finally, include a section devoted to how management and clinical departments interact for a patient from the continuum of care for at least two levels.
What information will you include in your PowerPoint slides? What notations will you make in the speaker’s notes for your boss to stress? How will you organize the material so that it will be presented in an effective, non-crowded fashion for these new employees who are just being exposed to terminology that you use on a daily basis?
Minimum Submission Requirements
- This Assessment should be a Microsoft PowerPoint. Extensive speaker notes should be included and slides should be uncluttered.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your paper should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your PowerPoint must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your PowerPoint should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate slide at the end of your presentation should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
If work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned without being scored.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!