Information Technology Governance Policies and Procedures Manual
Throughout this course, you will be working on several aspects of information technology (IT) governance that will result in a complete IT Governance Policies and Procedures Manual for a company of your choosing. Information Technology Governance formalizes the policies and processes that enforce IT systems and information security, data management, data policies, business process management, and risk management. You will not actually be performing the implementation of the plan, but you will work extensively with the concepts of good IT governance practices. Additional information and the deliverables for each individual project will be provided in the assignment description for the project. This is the course key assignment that you will make contributions to each week.
The first step will be to select an organization as the target for your IT governance plan. This organization will be used as the basis for each of the assignments throughout the course and should conform to the following guidelines:
- Nontrivial: The selected organization should be large enough to allow reasonable exercise of the IT governance planning process.
- Domain knowledge: You should be familiar with the organization to allow focus on the planning tasks without significant time required for domain education.
- Accessibility: You should have good access to the people and other information related to the organization because this will be an important part of the planning process.
- If you do not have access to an appropriate organization, then you may use a hypothetical organization and make necessary assumptions to fulfill the requirements of the assignments.
- Select an organization that fits these requirements and submit your proposal to your instructor before proceeding further with the assignments in the course. Approval should be sought within the first several days of the course. Your instructor will tell you how to submit this proposal and what notification will be given for project approval.
- Note: The selected organization may already have an IT governance plan in place and can still be used as the basis for the projects in this course.
For the assignments in this course, you will not be performing the IT governance plan implementation, but you will be developing a comprehensive IT Governance Policies and Procedures Plan. Your first task in this process will be to select an organization to use as the basis of your projects. You will also create the shell document for the final project deliverable that you will be working on during each unit. As you proceed through each project phase, you will add content to each section of the final document to gradually complete the final project delivery. Appropriate research should be conducted to support the analysis in your plan, and assumptions may be made when necessary.
The project deliverables are the following:
- Submit organization proposal to instructor for approval
- IT Governance Policies and Procedures Manual Shell
- Use Microsoft Word
- Title Page
- Course number and name
- Project name
- Student name
- Table of Contents
- Use auto-generated table of contents (TOC)
- Separate page
- Maximum of 3 levels deep
- Be sure to update the fields of the TOC so it is up-to-date before submitting your project.
- Section Headings (create each heading on a new page with TBD as content, except for sections listed under New Content below)
- Project outline
- Governance framework
- Business and IT goals
- IT and information security governance
- Policy and procedure governance
- Computer use policy
- New Content
- Project Outline and Requirements
- Brief description of the organization (can be hypothetical) in which the plan will be deployed. Include a list of products or services provided by the company, company size, location(s), and other pertinent information.
- Summary of the IT systems and major computer and data uses of the company that would be affected by an IT Governance Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Material can be taken from approved proposal submitted to instructor.
- Be sure this project is approved by the instructor.
- Governance Framework
- Research and select and IT governance framework to use as guidance in the development of your IT Governance Policies and Procedures Manual development.
- Summarize the key points of the selected governance framework.
- Describe why the selected framework fits the needs of the selected organization.
- Project Outline and Requirements
- Name the document yourname_ITAS469_IP1.doc
- need assignment part done