Examining and Thinking About the World Around Us
Qualitative analysis requires a much different approach than that found in quantitative methods. There exist many nuances in the approach to qualitative inquiry. It can be as much an artistic expression of formal research as it is scholarly. In Chapter 9, Creswell suggests researchers follow six steps in order to most effectively conduct qualitative analysis. After reading Chapter 9, identify and discuss the salient aspects of the six steps of qualitative analysis suggested for use by the author.
- What are these six steps and what are their most salient aspects?
- How do these steps assist us when evaluating criminal justice data?
- How do these steps contribute to successfully interpreting published research findings?
- How would you apply these steps to answer a criminal justice research question?
Creswell, J. W. (2014). Research design: Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches (4th ed.). Retrieved from https://content.uagc.edu
- Chapter 7: Research Questions and Hypotheses
- Chapter 9: Qualitative Methods