Design and develop an integrated marketing communication plan
Design and develop an integrated marketing communication plan
Task 2 – Written Report
ORDER NOW FOR CUSTOMIZED SOLUTION PAPERS
Purpose of this Assessment task
This assessment task is designed to test your skills in designing and developing an integrated marketing communication plan as required by the unit BSBMKGT523 Design and develop an integrated marketing communication plan. Your trainer/assessor will be assessing your work and provide you with constructive feedback on Canvas. This task will assess your skills to:
· Determine marketing communication requirements
· Develop marketing communication brief
· Design integrated marketing communication strategy
· Select and recommend media for marketing strategy
· Develop creative brief
In this assessment you will analyse the provided case, undertake research using Bounce Fitness website, and complete the four parts of the project to demonstrate your skills in designing and developing an integrated marketing communication plan.
What are you required to do to undertake this Case Study?
To complete this assessment, you must use the simulated business “BOUNCE FITNESS” by clicking on the link below. This business is a fitness company which is in all States within Australia. Bonce Fitness website contains information about the company, Infrastructure, People, Policies and procedures, Performance of the business, Documents, and scenarios. You can find the login details and the additional resources needed on Canvas. <http;//bounce.precisiongroup.com.au/account/>
To successfully undertake this assessment, you should be doing the following:
· Read the provided Case Study, scenarios and Bounce Fitness additional resources couple of times and understand the requirements
· Clarify the requirements with your trainer and assessor if you are not sure
· Research appropriate websites as directed by your trainer/assessor
· Complete all of the four parts and upload them onto Canvas
· Discuss with your trainer/assessor the contents of the project you will be submitting
Context and conditions of undertaking the tasks?
The prescribed tasks will be undertaken by you after carefully analysing the case scenarios. Your trainer will also provide you guidance on the websites to be researched. Your trainer/assessor may also set certain conditions under which you will perform the tasks required by this assessment. For example, your trainer may set a time limit to perform a task or, ask you to repeat a task or, ask you to give additional information about the performance by asking you some verbal questions or, they may prescribe you some new conditions to undertake certain tasks.
Given your personal conditions, your trainer/assessor should also be able to make some reasonable adjustments in undertaking the tasks of this assessment. You should check with your trainer/assessor about the conditions under which the tasks should be completed, and the possible adjustment they can make in undertaking these tasks.
What specific WHS requirements may be involved?
This assessment will require you to be aware of the standard Workplace Health and Safety requirements e.g. Workplace Health and Safety Act and Workplace Health and Safety Legislation Your trainer/assessor will advise you on these and other legislative requirements.
Tasks and frequency of performance
Details of the tasks to be undertaken in this assessment are provided in this document. The tasks listed must be performed at least once.
The assessment may be re-attempted on two further occasions (maximum three attempts in total). All assessments must be resubmitted 3 days within receiving your unsatisfactory grade. You must clearly indicate “Re-submission” on your resubmitted work.
You must complete all questions unassisted by the assessor or other personnel but may refer to reference material as may be needed. All questions must be answered satisfactorily for the assessment to be completed satisfactorily.
For any assessment conducted that is incomplete, or without satisfactory performance, the assessment will need to be completed again after further training support. This may be simply to focus on question areas not achieved in the prior assessment.
Submitting your assessment
When you are ready to submit your assessments, upload the files in Canvas via the submission tab. It is important that you keep a copy of all electronic assessments submitted to Canvas. Please submit all assessment components.
In this assessment some of the questions include a word count. This is a guideline only, but your answers should not vary substantially (i.e. +/- 10%) from the word count provided. Microsoft Word includes a word count tool.
To test the required application skills in developing an integrated marketing communication plan.
Assessment Cover Sheet
I declare that:
· I have read and understood all the information provided in relation to the assessment requirements to complete this unit, the instructions and the purpose and processes of undertaking this assessment task
· This assessment is my own work and where other’s works or ideas have been borrowed, I have appropriately referenced or acknowledged them
· I understand that plagiarism is a serious offence that may lead to disciplinary action.
Task 2 – Written Report and Presentation
You are a marketing professional in a marketing company called T & J Marketing Agency. Your company has been approached by Bounce Fitness and you have been selected as the Marketing specialist to help promote Bounce Fitness’ product and service. Bounce Fitness intends to market its brand through excellence in service and expertise to establish itself as a premier provider of fitness and wellness in Australia. Bounce Fitness began in 2001 in Cairns, Queensland.
The business model has been well received and resulted in expansion to Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne. Marketing is very important to maintain growth and market penetration. Much time is invested in training the staff to upgrade their professional skills and in customer service to foster a loyal member base. Classes are innovative and varied with regular changes to routines and activities.
Bounce Fitness continues to differentiate itself from its competitors through lower pricing and the continuing development of unique classes, personal training and expanding on the one-stop-shop for health enhancement. The one-stop-shop approach is expected to allow substantial gains in the largest segment of a growing market. This focused approach also makes it easier for Bounce Fitness to establish and retain a position as an industry leader.
Recently the company launched a new energy drink (see Bounce Fitness Marketing Communication brief within your supporting documents). You will need to assist the company in developing a marketing and communications strategy to introduce this product to the market.
Past Media Performance
This is the summary of the performance of other media that was utilised from the past financial year of Bounce Fitness. Information collated are from surveys handed out to consumers through either face-to face, email, letter, feedback forms, etc. Results are based on 100 random new costumers that replied to the survey. Numbers reflect how many costumers learned about Bounce Fitness through the given media advertisement.
Number of Attraction
Newspaper and Magazine
Facebook Ads 23% of overall reach
In this assessment task you will refer to the case study and Bounce Fitness simulation additional resources available on Canvas to complete activities in developing a communication plan. The case study and additional resources include Bounce fitness’s marketing mix, current market trends, past media performance and media consumption rates by age groups. Part A – Determine marketing communication requirements
You organised to meet with Paul Thomas Cairns Centre Manager, and his team to discuss and decide on suitable marketing communication requirements. In your discussions, you have:
a) Confirmed marketing communication purpose and objective with Bounce Fitness team.
b) Obtained comprehensive information about Bounce Fitness and the information on the product the company would like to promote.
c) Discussed and reviewed any previous outcomes of marketing.
d) Confirmed budget allocation with client and what type of marketing methods will be involved in the costing.
Provide a summary of the above discussion using Table A, below: (Approx. 200 words)
Table A: Marketing Communication Requirements
Marketing communication initiative aims to achieve the following objectives:
Client and product information
Past Media Performance
Number of Attraction
Part B – Develop marketing communication brief
Now that you have met with the Centre Manager and his team, you have been asked to come up with a marketing communication brief which you must present to the Centre Manager within the month. Before you can develop a communication brief, you are required to research Bounce Fitness website and review the Marketing Plan, Business Plan, and any other relevant documents. By using Table B, below, write a report for your Marketing Manager Jason Smith from T & J Marketing Agency detailing the following from your research:
a) Who is the client and the profile of the client?
b) Purpose statement and objectives reflecting client needs.
c) State marketing communication objectives in measurable terms and provide specific guidelines on what is to be accomplished by marketing communication.
d) Define key characteristics, competitive factors and market situation facing product or service.
e) Include a summary of information on target audience and legal and ethical constraints.
(Approx. 200 words)
Table B: Marketing Communication Brief
Agency project lead
(Brand, Logo, Slogan, Colours)
Target audience characteristics
(demographic, geographic, psychographic)
Legal and ethical Constraints
Part C – Media Options Report
The Manager of Bounce Fitness has asked you to prepare key information that will assist them to make strategic decisions around advertising media options. The advertising brief is shown below:
Pre-Workout Powder 100 G
CLIENT: BOUNCE FITNESS SPORTS DRINK
Pre-Workout Powder 100G is a new sports drink about to be launched on the Australian market.
PRODUCT: Sports energy drink in a range of 4 flavours Hydra – re-hydrates and replaces essential electrolytes lost during sporting activities and other exercise.
TONE: Hyrda drinkers are:
· Fitness focused
· Body image conscious
· Involved in sport
· Trains or works out minimum of three times weekly
· Health conscious
· Push themselves to the limit.
Based on the above brief, please answer the following questions:
1. Research various forms of media which could be considered for the launch of this campaign. Critically analyse the advantages and disadvantages of two marketing communication options and two media vehicles for ‘Pre-Workout Powder 100G’.
2. Determine the media characteristics that match the requirements of this advertising brief.
3. Analyse media consumption habits for primary and supplementary marketing media in relation to the target audience of the selected advertising brief.
4. Select the advertising media options that match requirements of the selected advertising brief.
5. Conduct an evaluation of media styles in relation to the brand character of the product/service being advertised.
6. Develop and apply criteria for selecting multiple media in a media plan.
7. Compare advantages and disadvantages of selecting multiple media in a media plan.
8. Review the details of the advertising brief selected to ensure recommended media meets the advertising brief and advertiser’s requirements and legal and ethical requirements.
Part D – Develop Creative Brief
Your presentation was successful, and you have now been asked by your manager to create the creative brief for your client. Your creative brief will be for Bounce Fitness’s ‘Pre-Workout Powder 100G’ and should identify the following:
1. Your approach must incorporate the brand or image that Bounce Fitness has cultivated and highlight the features of their energy drink product. Your choice of words must evoke an immediate response from your target audience. This is crucial when you are starting your pitch since it will heavily rely on emotions, morals, or rationality to cater to the consumers’ needs. It also helps to back your facts up with evidence to strengthen your claims.
1.1) What pitch are you going to use? Explain your answer.
1.2) How will you define the brand of your produce? You can use a set of key words that can explain the personality or characteristics of the brand.
1.3) What colours will you use for your brand? Explain why you used these colours.
1.4) Insert below a brand image for the powder drink. You can create your own image. If you wish to use an image from the internet, make sure to reference the source. Don’t use an existing brand name.
1.5) Create a new slogan for the energy drink. Try to limit the length of the slogan to between 5 and 10 words.
2. Once you have established the details in the previous question, you then must focus on the resources Bounce Fitness has. Take into consideration both their financial and time constraints for this project. To create a Media Schedule using Table C, below. Creative briefs may start out as abstract, but its main objective is always the same: You and your client must have a common understanding of what the outcome of your campaign will be like.
Table C: Media Schedule
Date of Completion
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!