You are a professor presenting a case study to illustrate the issue of acting responsibly to your graduate ethics class of MBA students. Consider Case 3.13 (p. 138-145) within your text. Develop a PowerPoint presentation in which you critique the responsibility of MLB with regard to the steroid issue.
In your presentation, be certain to respond to the following:
- Could MLB argue that it is not an enforcement agent, and it has no way of determining whether every player is using steroids at any given time?
- Does this argument excuse any responsibility on the part of MLB?
- Do you see any rationalizations for the steroid use or the lack of an effective policy on its use in MLB?
- What is the responsibility of MLB and the players to young people who are using steroids?
- Discuss the Canseco allegations that MLB just wanted revenue and turned a blind eye to steroid use. Apply the various social responsibility theories to this point and discuss the flaws in this competitive model.
Provide specific examples to detail your presentation.
Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as “speaker notes” for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists.
Support your presentation with a minimum of three (3) scholarly resources in addition to your text. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 12-15 slides (with a separate reference slide)
Notes Length: 150-200 words for each slide
Be sure to include citations for quotations and paraphrases with references in APA format and style where appropriate. Save the file as PPT with the correct course code information.