Answer the following in 150-300 words or more:
Choose two of the following articles, read it carefully, then answer the following questions for each article. Use chapter 16 and the powerpoint to help with your responses.
1) What is the author’s claim in this piece?
2) Where does the author present evidence in this piece?
3) What is the warrant in this piece? Is it stated explicitly?
4) Where does the author present backing for his or her warrant?
5) Does the author rebut possible counterarguments?
6) How does the author qualify his or her claim?
7) How would you judge the quality of this argument? Do you think that the author provided strong evidence, which is supported by the warrant and backing? How well did the author address possible counterarguments and qualify his or her claim?