The following resource is required for this Career Starters assignment: Cover Letters and Professional Documents Guide (Links to an external site.).Your cover letter should follow the instructions and the example on pages 1–2 of the Cover Letters and Professional Documents Guide.pdf.The cover letter must do the following.
- Be targeted to the job ad (submit full job ad, not a screenshot or a link) and align your skills to the job requirements
- Personalize the greeting to the recipient of the letter
- Convey your understanding of the company’s values and goals
- Contain appropriate content as explained in the Cover Letters and Professional Documents Guide.pdf
- Be formatted in standard business style
- Be free of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and word usage errors
Submit these two Microsoft Word documents by the Sunday deadline.
- A current job ad with a full description of the position requirements, not a link or a screenshot, pasted into a Microsoft Word document and saved as JobAdLASTName.docx
- Targeted cover letter saved as CoverLetterLASTname.docx